The Influence Of International Brand Image Toward Guest's Decision To Stay At The Four Star Hotel In Lampung

Dina mayasari soewoyo, Handono W Widodo


This survey research using the quantitative method was carried out during the Covid-19 pandemic, from May to August 2020 at the 4-star hotel in Lampung Province, Indonesia. The purpose of this study was to determine the influence of the independent variable, namely the image of the international hotel brand toward the dependent variable of guests' decisions to stay at the hotel. Primary data of the study were obtained from the results of distributing questionnaires which were carried out directly to 60 guests who were staying, as research samples and measured using a Likert scale of 1 - 4. Apart from distributing questionnaires, research data collection was also gained through observation, documentation, and literature review. All data collected were then grouped, reduced, tabulated and processed, analyzed descriptively, and statistically, in accordance with the context of the problem being studied using the SPSS 22.0 software tool.

Based on the simple linear regression analysis technique T-test (partial), R test and R square test, it was found that the value of T count (9,048) was greater than the T table (1,671), with a significance value of 0 or below the significance limit of 0.05. Both variables have a correlation coefficient of 0.765 and a coefficient of determination of 0.585. So it can be concluded that the international hotel brand image has a strong, positive, and significant influence on guest decisions to stay at the 4-star hotel in Lampung, with an effect of 58.5% while the rest, namely 41.5%, is influenced by other variables not examined in this study.



Brand Image, Purchase Decision, Simple Linear Regression Analysis, International Hotel Brand

Full Text:



Cifti. O, Berezina. K, Cavusoglo, Cobanoglu.C, Winning. (2020). The Battle : The Importance of Price and Online Reviews for Hotel Selection, Advances in Hospitality and Tourism Research (AHTR), An International Journal of Akdeniz University Tourism Faculty, Webpage:, Vol 8(1), 177-202. Doi : 10.30519/ahtr 528150

Hadi, Sutrisno. (1991). Statistik dalam Basica Yogyakarta : Andi

Hair, Joseph F., et al. (2009). Multivariate Data Analysis: A Global Perspective. 7th ed. Upper Saddle River: Prentice Hall

Iskandar, Hari . (2020). Analysis The Effect Of Brand Image Towards Customer Decision Staying At Hotel X.. Jurnal Hospitality dan Pariwisata .6 (2): 56-105. DOI :

Kotler, Philip. & Gary Armstrong. (2014). Principle Of Marketing, 15th edition. New Jersey: Pearson Prentice Hall.

Kotler, Philip & Keller. Kevin L. (2016). Marketing Management, 15th Edition, Pearson: Education, Inc.

Lingga, R. U. (2016). Pengaruh Brand Image Terhadap Keputusan Konsumen Menggunakan Hotel Amaris Di Samarinda, eJournal Ilmu Administrasi Bisnis, 4 (2)

Permana, S. Indra. (2016). Pengaruh Kualitas Produk dan Brand Ambassador Terhadap Citra Merek Serta Dampaknya Terhadap Keputusan Pembelian Pada Distro Relic Syndicate.Skripsi. Universitas Pasundan, Bandung

Ranasinghe, R., Damunupola, A., Wijesundara, S., Karunarathna, C., Nawarathna, D. and Gamage, S., Ranaweera, A. and Idroos, Ali A.(2020). Tourism after Corona: Impacts of Covid 19 Pandemic and Way Forward for Tourism, Hotel and Mice Industry in Sri Lanka. Uva Wellassa University, Sri Lanka. SSRN: or

Guest Reviews. (2020).

Sekaran, Uma. (2013). Metodologi Penelitian Untuk Bisnis. Jakarta: Salemba empat

Soeswoyo, D.M. & Tumbelaka, D. (2020). Dampak Promosi Digital Line terhadap Keputusan Pembelian Pelanggan Dunkin Donuts. Jurnal Fame, 3(1). Hal 1-12. Universitas Bunda Mulia Jakarta

Sugiyono. (2016). Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif, Kualitatif dan R&D. Bandung : Alfa Beta

Sugiyono. (2011). Statistika untuk Penelitian.

Bandung : Alfa Beta

Tjiptono, Fandy. (2014). Branding & Brand Longevity. Yogyakarta. Andi.

Tingkat Hunian Kamar Hotel Berbintang di Bandar Lampung, melalui Diakses pada 27 Maret 2020

Tingkat Perkembangan TPK Hotel Berbintang di Bandar Lampung, melalui Diakses pada 27 Maret 2020



  • There are currently no refbacks.

Copyright (c) 2021 Journal FAME: Journal Food and Beverage, Product and Services, Accomodation Industry, Entertainment Services